Commonly asked questions
1. Doesn’t your vision exceed your ability?
Response: Yes! In every way imaginable!
2. How is TheaXiomNetwork different than all other types of evangelism?
Response: Three things in particular make this massive, prayerful effort unique. We explain it as “TheaXiomNetwork: Changing Hearts, Growing Churches, Transforming the Web“!
- Changing Hearts: Engaging the Online Seeker An attractive, intelligent and Biblical Gospel presentation is required to engage those surfing the web for spiritual succor. A Biblical layout of God’s Calling, their Need, God’s Provision and their Response as found in Romans explains the Road to Eternal Life as completely as possible is necessary. Your customized Gospel Template page is intentionally designed not to compete but to complement your Church’s website. It also includes your Church name across the header so the page visitor experiences a seamless connection with your ministry.
- Growing Churches: Incorporating the Local Church It’s important to understand that TheaXiomNetwork stresses the centrality of the local church, it’s staff, it’s members and it’s ministries to retrieve, follow up, disciple and refer, if necessary, those who make decisions for Christ on their Road Swaps Gospel Template page. aXiom does not do the local church’s work for her! That is principally the calling of the Church. We provide the secure tool for Seekers to simply contact you with their decision to receive Christ or request more information. It is 100% up to church leadership to develop people and skills within its leadership team and members to do the necessary steps of follow up and ongoing/long-term discipleship. That is her “Joy and Burden”! Your interactions will be with the person who completes your ODC (Online Decision Card).
- Transforming the Web: A Movement Moving toward fulfilling the Great Commission with online evangelism as a key component deserves and requires an “all hands” approach. Therefore, we are believing God to bring 100,000 U.S. Churches onboard to begin the process of claiming the internet for the Gospel.We believe we only slightly overstate the case to say the “world wild web” is a vast spiritual, digital wasteland for bringing souls to Salvation. Let it suffice to say that until now the Gospel was, for all intents and purposes, practically invisible online. Our desire is not to usurp Christ and His intimate interactions with His bride as she carries out her Biblical role in the world but to assist you and the Holy Spirit in “Changing Hearts, Growing Churches, Transforming the Web”.
3. Your comment about USChurchInfo.com being part of TheaXiomNetworkTM and its work with Navy chaplains as a rationale for starting USChurchInfoTM is pretty compelling. How can I learn more about this?
Response: We are very excited to have USChurchInfo.com onboard as the third component of our challenge to reach out to communities and the world at large. You can find more information at USChurchInfo “About Us” page.
4. If you think this service is so valuable why don’t you charge more?
Response: The intent is to make this ministry opportunity available to as many small, medium and large churches as possible. Our hope is this resource is viewed as so valuable that every church who shares a heart for the Lost will invest (for less than 5 cents a day). We even offer a FREE version of Road Swaps for those churches who want to offer the Gospel to the Lost but who aren’t concerned with receiving responses from new Believers.
5. You imply a couple of places that the world wide web is more ubiquitous than any other form of communication available to the church since Christ. How can you say that considering the impact the printed page has had on the ministry?
Response: We have no desire, nor ability, to minimize the impact of the printed word and its impact for the Gospel. We would suggest the Church today stands on the brink of having a similar impact nearly instantaneously rather than centuries.
To the credit of millions of faithful saints through the centuries, it took years, sometimes hundreds of years to get a printed version of the Gospel, much less the whole Bible, to many people because of travel, language, expenses and customs…and many are still waiting. However, as you have seen demonstrated here (see Setup Video) in less than five minutes a church can have an entire online evangelism ministry that is accessible around the world in seconds and is available 24/7/365. We can’t help but think Gutenberg would be impressed with what we are attempting and he, himself, be on the cutting edge of web technology if he were around. Perhaps today we would be saying “I
googled gutenberged that”.
6. Where does Road Swap and Road Swap Gospel TemplateTM names come from?
Response: The basis of the Gospel we use is the well known “Romans Road” Gospel presentation based on Paul’s Epistle to the Romans. Having shared this many time over the years we felt it offered the most clarity and succinct information in a short, understandable flow. And, with great images it is proving to be a compelling presentation to a generation that relies on images more than ever to communicate ideas and principles. The idea of “swaps” come from the fact that several times a year we “swap” the header image to reflect the seasons, holidays and special observations. You can see an image of a few of past and present Templates on the Vision page.
7. Do you offer any Bible version other than King James?
Response: Currently we offer the option of KJV and NIV in English. After Registering the Email response will include both for you to copy and paste your choice into the page(s) on your site. See demo video at our Getting Started page.
8. How many times on our website are we allowed to post “text widgets”, “icon widgets” and “tower widgets”?
Response: We encourage every ministry to copy/paste any or all of your customized widgets to as many pages as makes sense. It sort of comes down to how many opportunities do you want to provide the Spirit to minister to those who “serendipitously” find the Gospel on your site. Sharing your “widgets” with other ministries except those tied directly to your Church is not allowed.
9. How will I know if someone makes a decision to put their faith in Christ but they don’t complete the Online Decision Card?
Response: Regrettably, you won’t; not unless they show up at your Church door next Sunday morning. Which is yet another reason why you and your church should be praying for those who visit your Road Swaps page. Some will read it and turn away; others will read it, put their faith in Christ and fail, for one reason or anther, to complete the Online Decision Card. Others, we hope, will read, believe and complete the ODC. So, as you can see, all three types of people need your prayers and intersession. You may never know this side of heaven who the second type of person is until we stand rejoicing before Him someday. But, imagine the joy you will share together and with all you ministered to through Road Swaps.
10. What if some prankster fills out the ODC with “inappropriate” data or comments?
Response: The answer is not “if” but “when”! There are simply those in this world who will show no respect to you, your church and/or your faith. But, as a reminder; 1. we live in a fallen world, 2. some from that world will visit your site and revile you, who you are and what you do and 3. this is yet one more motivating factor for you and those in your church to pray for them and all those who visit your Road Swaps page in their fallen state and mock and revile you. (see I Peter 2:23). For this and other reasons we suggest ODC responses be directed toward spiritually mature Believers in your fellowship.
11. Why don’t you allow Churches with their own Gospel pages on their sites to become members of The aXiom NetworkTM?
Response: There was considerable discussion about this and it was decided to limit members to those who use our Road Swaps. It’s not because we don’t welcome any and all who follow Matthew 28:18-20 in loving obedience to spread Christ’s offer of Salvation. It’s simply that with Road Swaps we can control the quality and content of the presentations. We go to considerable effort to align materials with our own standards and vision in tandem with our Members for effective online evangelism and we have no control over if, when or how others maintain their site pages. So, while we do limit membership as stated we also encourage all Churches to Register for Road Swaps or put their own Gospel page on their site.
“We believe it would be a lost opportunity of cataclysmic proportions if thousands of Churches fail to incorporate into their online ministry the very reason they exist, namely, to make disciples; starting with offering eternal life to the growing numbers of Online Seekers.”
12. What have been the biggest obstacles to recruiting Churches to put the Gospel on their websites?
Response:. There are several reasons why online evangelism shouldn’t work but we believe we’ve solved most of the issues. First, of course, is the expense of paying someone to create a separate page, and Decision Form, that for many Churches is prohibitive. We’ve made it very cost effective (less than 5¢ a day!), easy, fast (instantaneous upon completed Registration), a powerful Gospel presentation, encouraging communication to key individuals who share the responsibility for evangelism in the local fellowship, tools and supplies and even a means by which one Church can immediately find another Church at USChurchInfo.com that shares your vision for the Lost.
What we cannot solve is the lack of urgency and vision by some Churches who either don’t feel they can share the Gospel for whatever reasons or they’re sure their Church is doing all it can or should. If the modern U.S. Church is doing all it knows how to do and is satisfied with their success then based on the small number of conversions we hear about it would appear the Holy Spirit isn’t doing much these days. Me’ genoita!
13. What do you mean that The aXiom NetworkTM supports the ministry of the “local church”? You’re an internet based resource.
Response: When an individual visits your Road SwapsTM page and receives Christ as Savior their Decision is directed back to you so your Church can provide the necessary follow-up including Biblical Assurances and fellowship to confirm and strengthen their new life in Christ.
Our desire is to act as a conduit between individuals and your Church. With Road Swaps we provide the technology you need to develop and maintain your Online Evangelism ministry. None of your Road Swaps page visitors will ever know TheaXiomNetwork is in any way supporting your online ministry.
Road Swaps Gospel TemplatesTM are also valuable for those in your fellowship to share with friends and family any time. If you use overhead projectors in your services it’s very easy to project the Romans Road onto the screen and teach through the Gospel (as our home church has) once a quarter or so, train your congregation during your Worship, teach them how to use it in adult Sunday School/Small Groups, teens groups and encourage individuals with their smart phones, ipads and pcs to share with others. We provide other suggestions to enhance their use during your subscription period.
14. Shouldn’t we be focusing on building relationships rather than simply exposing strangers to the Gospel?
We don’t believe the American Church can or should choose one over the other! We continually come back to the questions that force us to answer what is our purpose and goal; eg, “Where else would someone seeking God look than to a Church? And, how much harder will it be if that Church isn’t providing the message of Hope for Eternal Life? And, how else will this and future generations look for a Church than online?”
They may visit your website but NEVER visit your Church. Why not offer salvation in every possible venue the Church has at her disposal and leave the results to God? Many Churches will dedicate and sacrifice hundreds, even thousands of dollars and hours to VBS, vans, musical programs, etc. but fail to give them the Truth the need most. The choice is simple; namely, is it better to make the Gospel available online where the Spirit can use it to help those seeking spiritual help…or not?
We believe that, despite good efforts by parachurch groups with a small handful of Gospel pages available among them, the assembled Church has a fundamental and numerical role to play in this technological revolution. The sheer number of Churches who want and need to grow make it “axiomatic” to us. We also believe that, until now, there has been no viable online option for the local Church to have an evangelistic impact and especially knowing they’re Networked with 100,000 kindred Churches.
We strongly believe it would be a lost opportunity, frowned upon by heaven itself, if the resources of and universal access to, thousands of U.S. Churches, who claim the Gospel as they’re “raison d’etre”, failed to incorporate into their online ministry the very reason they exist, namely, to make disciples; starting with offering eternal life to the growing numbers of online Seekers.
15. Why isn’t the Road Swaps page fancier or have more “bells and whistles”?
Because Road Swaps is used on so many different sites we felt that a more generic approach would “fit” better and not create a distraction or competition with church sites with embedded links. Likewise, we didn’t want your Road Swap visitors to be distracted by some of the cutting edge technologies like sliders, transparencies and more high end options available. As experienced web designers ourselves we wanted your Road Swaps visitors to focus on the message with few options.
16. Where did this idea originate?
Response: We especially appreciate the vision of Samuel E. Hill and others who founded The GideonsTM, who are very much our inspiration, who had a desire to place the Scriptures in every hotel room to be used by the Spirit to minister to those who find themselves, at critical times in their lives, in need of spiritual succor. Despite the odds of making a difference we doubt they ever entertained the notion that the millions of hours, generations of volunteers, tens of millions of dollars and the worldwide distribution of Bibles were ever “wasted” on the Gospel. As a result of their faith and vision, millions have found spiritual help.
Now, it’s time for a new generation to recast a similar vision and we hope you’ll be apart of it from the beginning.
And, we would not count ourselves as equals in our own willingness to trust God for the unimaginable. However, perhaps we do share these attributes: we simply see the urgent need and the timely opportunity. We earnestly hope you do too!
Send us your Questions & Comments at Contact Us.